Joey Webber (Timber Joey) is hosting a Christmas tree lot on the corner of Interstate & Mississippi (2410 N. Mississippi) that is raising money for the Portland Timbers Community Fund and their efforts to revitalize youth soccer fields in the community.
And this Saturday, December 3rd – they would like to invite everyone out to buy a tree and join them for complementary treats, including Pizza, Beer, Apple Cider, Hot Cocoa, Music and Games! Papa Murphy’s will serve complimentary pizza, alongside free beverages from Widmer Bros. Brewing. Event is from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Families will enjoy knot tying and axe-throwing lessons from local legend, Timber Jim. Along with live music and one-of-a-kind ornaments made from fresh cut rounds emblazoned with a hot branded silhouette of Timber Joey’s axe. Unique opportunities like this aim to bring the magic of the Portland Timbers experience to the family Tree buying tradition.
“Growing up in a small logger town we didn’t have access to the facilities like we’re helping to build” said Joey, “so it feels good to do something where we can engage our fans and raise awareness and money for a worthy cause…Beyond that, we’re excited about extending thethe holiday tree buying experience at our lot as a memorable part of the season.”
Last year the Portland Timbers community fund helped to restore 6 soccer fields in Portland, with plans to grow their efforts by 30% in 2012. Retrofitting fields that are barely playable with state of the art playing surfaces makes this a perfect giveback match to the broader soccer community. Furthermore, it comes at a time where the Blazers and the currently defunct NBA season leave the Portland Sports Market in a lull.
The tree lot is made possible by relationships with local landholders, sponsors and tree farmers.
And if tasty Papa Murphy’s Pizza and treats wasn’t enough – we are also giving one lucky reader a Christmas Tree from Joey’s Tree Lot valued at $30. Details for entering below.
Simply leave a comment below telling us about your favorite Christmas Tree decorations, why you love Joey’s Tree Lot, the Portland Timbers or us here at PDX Kids Calendar! We do read all the comments and, though it doesn’t effect the random choice of the winner, entertaining, complimentary or appreciative comments are very much appreciated!
Want Extra Entries?
Really want to win? Here are a few ways to get extra entries? Do any (or all) of the following and let us know by leaving a separate comment below. You will get one additional entry for each separate comment about the following:
- - Sign up for our weekly newsletters (current subscribers can simply comment here that you are a subscriber)
- - ‘Like’ PDX Kids Calendar on Facebook then comment here (current fans can simply comment here that you are a fan) (You do not need to be fan to enter this contest, however, and Facebook in no way endorses, supports, or is associated with this giveaway.)
- - Post a link on YOUR Facebook wall linking to our page (simply update your status with something like “Have you seen @PDX Kids Calendar? It’s the best place to find stuff to do with the kiddos and they are doing an amazing giveaway this week … “). When you enter the “@” sign and start typing our name a drop down box will appear and you can click our name to create a link to our page. PLEASE NOTE: -You do have to be our “fan” on FB for this to work … then be sure to leave a comment here.
- - Follow PDX Kids Calendar on Twitter then leave a comment here.
- - Tweet about this giveaway then leave a comment here.
- - Tell your friends about the giveaway and then leave a comment here.
Only comments on this post will be counted (not those made on Facebook or Twitter). Winner drawn at random. Giveaway begins on Thursday December 1, 2011 and ends 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday December 6, 2011. Only entries with valid emails will be counted. IF YOU REGISTER YOUR COMMENT THROUGH FACEBOOK, YAHOO, TWITTER ETC PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS VISIBLE ON YOUR PROFILE! Best way to guarantee we can contact you if you win is to create a “Disqus” account. Entries valid within the US only.
Thanks and good luck!
**PLEASE NOTE** Commenting feature may not available on some phones. If you have any trouble commenting/entering, you can send your submissions to comments(at)pdxkidscalendar.com and they will be input by us.