The LEGO KidsFest is a giant traveling LEGO expo coming to the Portland, OR Oregon Convention Center, October 11th – October 13th! This hands-on, educational, all-ages LEGO extravaganza features millions of LEGO bricks not to mention lots of construction zones, dozens of life-sized LEGO models and displays, LEGO Friends and LEGO Games, group builds such as Creation Nation, live LEGO Master Builders, and so much more covering three acres of space.
For more information, log on to www.LEGOKidsFest.com
Fun LEGO Facts
- More than 400 billion LEGO® bricks have been produced since 1949
- The LEGO® minifigure represents the world’s largest population of people! Over 4 billion minifigures have have been produced in the last 30 years. This is almost 12 times the population of the United States!
- LEGO® minifigures are out of this world, literally. The 2 Mars Rovers have an image of the LEGO ® minifigure etched into their front grill.
- Appromixately 7 LEGO® sets are sold each second.
There are about 62 LEGO® bricks for every one of the world’s 6 billion inhabitants.
- Laid end to end, the number of LEGO® bricks sold in a year would reach more than 5 times around the world.
- There are 915 million ways to combine six eight-stud LEGO® bricks.
- Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO® bricks.
- With a production of about 306 million tires produced a year, the LEGO® group is the largest producer of tires in the world.
- LEGO® is the contraction of two Danish words, “leg godt” which mean “play well.”
19 billion LEGO® elements are produced every year. 2.16 million LEGO® elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
Log on to www.LEGOKidsFest.com for more details! And for a limited time, everyone pays kids’ price for tickets! Enter discount code MP13 when purchasing adult tickets online. Offer expires September 21, 2013 …
Unbelievably, the wonderful folks at KidsFest have given use two more (4) packs of tickets for the VIK (very important kid) tickets – 8 total. These tickets are good on Friday October 11th for the VIK Preview Event (3-4pm) and general admission from 4-8:30pm only, and are non-transferable to any other session. Details to enter below.