Don’t miss Miracle Theatre Group’s annual bilingual celebration of the Day of the Dead … ¡VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!
Every year, the dead are commemorated in Portland’s longest-running Día de los Muertos celebration. In the early 20th century, when the people of Mexico joined forces to demand reform, Las Adelitas were women who bravely planted themselves in the line of fire in support of the Mexican revolutionaries. Celebrated in music and dance with corridos and baile folklórico, we honor those who fought fearlessley for liberation — both 100 years ago and still today.
FIND OUT MORE
• Watch a behind the scenes video of interviews with actors: http://www.youtube.com/
• Download our complimentary study guide in English or Spanish.
• Check out photos of the production at www.flickr.com/
• Go backstage on our new blog: www.miracleinsider.blogspot.
• Friend us on Facebook: Martin Milagro
• Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/miracleinsider
¡Viva la Revolución! plays four weekends only, Oct. 20 through Nov. 13, 2011 at the Milagro Theatre (525 SE Stark St., Portland).
This production is bilingual. We expect the performance to last about 1.5 hours. The play is suitable for ages 5 and older, but best enjoyed by those 10 and older.
The Miracle Theatre Group has been dedicated to bringing the vibrancy of Latino theatre to the Northwest community and beyond for more than 25 years. In addition to its national tours, Miracle provides a home for Spanish and Latin American arts and culture at El Centro Milagro, where it enriches the local community with a variety of community outreach projects and educational programs designed to share the diversity of Latino culture. For more information about the Miracle Theatre Group, visit www.milagro.org or call 503-236-7253.
We are giving away one 4-pack of tickets (any combination adult/student) for the first Sunday matinee Oct. 23 at 2pm. Details on how to win below …
Simply leave a comment below telling us why you love Day of the Dead, Miracle Theatre Group or PDX Kids Calendar! We do read all the comments and, though it doesn’t effect the random choice of the winner, entertaining, complimentary or appreciative comments are very much appreciated! In addition – please specify how many tickets your family will need for admission …
Want Extra Entries? Really want to win? Here are a few ways to get extra entries? Do any (or all) of the following and let us know by leaving a separate comment below. You will get one additional entry for each separate comment about the following:
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter (current subscribers can simply comment here that you are a subscriber)
- ‘Like’ PDX Kids Calendar on Facebookthen comment here (current fans can simply comment here that you are a fan) (You do not need to be fan to enter this contest, however, and Facebook in no way endorses, supports, or is associated with this giveaway.)
- Post a link on YOUR Facebook wall linking to our page (simply update your status with something like “Have you seen @PDX Kids Calendar? It’s the best place to find stuff to do with the kiddos and they are doing an amazing giveaway this week … “). When you enter the “@” sign and start typing our name a drop down box will appear and you can click our name to create a link to our page. PLEASE NOTE: You do have to be our “fan” on FB for this to work … then be sure to leave a comment here.
- Follow PDX Kids Calendar on Twitter then leave a comment here.
- Tweet about this giveaway then leave a comment here.
- Tell your friends about the giveaway and then leave a comment here.
Only comments on this post will be counted (not those made on Facebook or Twitter). Winner drawn at random. Giveaway begins at 6:00 AM on Wednesday October 12, 2011 and ends 11:59 PM PST on Sunday October 16, 2011. Only entries with valid emails will be counted. IF YOU REGISTER YOUR COMMENT THROUGH FACEBOOK, YAHOO, TWITTER ETC PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS VISIBLE ON YOUR PROFILE! Winners will be notified via email (if given/available), posted in a comment on this post, and posted on our site in Mid-September at the end of all the Fan Giveaways. Winners have two weeks to claim their prizes. Entries valid within the US only.
Thanks and good luck!
**PLEASE NOTE** Commenting feature may not available on some phones. If you have any trouble commenting/entering, you can send your submissions to comments(at)pdxkidscalendar.com and they will be input by us.