Fun on Foster Festival and Art Walk – Walk it, Bike it, buy a Day Pass for Bus # 14 or drive it and hang out with us all day!!!
PDX Kids Calendar will be setting up at Laurelwood Park from 10am-5pm at SE Foster and 60th (where Holgate crosses). Join the fun in our goofy photobooth and come celebrate the change of season with the 100th Monkey Studio and make ART! The Youth Art Program at the 100th Monkey Studio will be leading various arts and crafts projects about Autumn. Make textured leaves, tissue paper stained leaves, or Fall inspired art. Cruise by, get creative and pick up a brochure about our Fall ART classes!
The Fun on Foster event takes place on SE Foster from SE 49th Avenue on out to SE 93rd Avenue and you’ll find many attractions, places to eat and entertainment. Food, artists, community tables, children’s activities and a DJ will be at Laurelwood Park with live music at SE 60th. There will also be vendors from 60th to 64th and Dutch Bros. will be giving out FREE coffee! The Exotic Place contest is at EuroClassic Furniture, 6602, the art chair auction is at Salon Mojo, 5820, and sidewalk sales abound. Check out the Cruise-In between 92nd & 93rd that benefits Oregon Humane Society.
At SE 60th there will be the Main Stage – here’s the music lineup:
11:00am-12:00pm Chad Rupp and The Blues Ninjas
12:30pm-1:30pm The Ben Rice Band
2:00pm–3:30pm Angel Bouchet Band
4:00pm-5:00pm The Brothers of the Baladi
Additional businesses along SE Foster will have activities during the day. Here’s what we know:
- Variety Shop AND Sweetness Shop at 4932 SE Foster is having a Sidewalk Sale
- I’ve Been Framed at 4950 SE Foster is having a Sidewalk Sale and a kids activity
- An Xuyen Bakery at 5345 SE Foster. Samples & Balloons
- Salon Mojo at 5820 SE Foster is having an Art Chair Auction
- Dusty’s Bar & Grill at 5902 SE Foster is having a parking lot BBQ and lots of family friendly Happy Hour specials
- SE 60th – TortaLandia/Meticon Stage – north side. Sidewalk Vendors and shops – south side
- Eco Chic Boutique, at 6031 SE Foster will have a Wood Artist: Wood carving of walking sticks and yard art. How To’s: miscellaneous crafts, quilting, embroidery. From 12-5.
- Wikman-Arleta Project Open House, 4420 SE 64th. County services, Commissioner Shiprack, 10 am to 1pm. Drop by and give us your ideas to achieve a sustainable purchase & maintenance plan!
- N.W.I.P.A., 6350 SE Foster: Salt & Straw Ice Cream on sidewalk
- Euro-Classic Furniture, 6602 SE Foster. Exotic Place Contest
- Dutch Bros. Coffee, 6710 SE Foster. Free coffee all day
- Pupdo’s, 6927 SE Foster. $5.00 nail trimming for dogs
- Kidopolis, 6927 SE Foster. Sidewalk Sale
- Lansing Linoleum, 7307 SE Foster. Two Do It Yourself Seminars. 11am: Wood Refinishing by Brenda Palmer from Performa Floor. 1:00pm: No-Glue Sheet Flooring by Kathleen Lansing from Lansing Linoleum. Pre-Registration is encouraged.
This event is presented by the Foster Area Business Association and is sponsored by Dutch Bros. Coffee, Peggy Romero Allstate Insurance, Tidee Didee Diaper Service, Eastport Plaza, Portland Development Commission (PDC), Advertise in the Bag, LGA Creative, Meticon Bikes and many other contributors. Thank you also to the neighbors and friends of Foster Road who support and attend the party!!